Illinois Wesleyan track & field hosted I-55 invitational

Argus Staff, Staff Writer

On Saturday, January 21, the Titans hosted the annual I-55 Triangular meet at Shirk Center. Washington University (WashU,) The University of Chicago, North Park University and Elmhurst all traveled to Bloomington to compete. 

Overall the men’s team finished with 39 points placing them in third while the women’s squad secured fifth place with 9.5 points. The WashU’s  men and women’s WashU teams both took home the title. 

First-year Evan Lowder placed second in the 200 meter race, additionally he earned himself a spot at number nine on the IWU All-Time-Top Ten List. His race time was 22.94, which will go down in IWU history.

Lowder, junior Kade Murray, sophomore Alex Harvey and first-year Seth Hamerski made up the 4×400 meter relay squad. The team’s 3:28.04 time scored them second place. WashU finished only .08 seconds before the Green and White. 

Murray also participated in the Men’s 400 meter race. The junior finished the race with a time of 51.07 and a second place title. 

For the women’s team, sophomore Evelyn Wilson cleared the 1.50 meter bar in the high jump event which placed her in second. 

The Titans will be on the road this weekend for their only away meet during this part of the indoor schedule. They will head to Dubuque, Iowa Saturday January 28. The Spartan Invitational is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.