The Student News Site of Illinois Wesleyan University

The Argus

The Argus

The Argus

The Argus

[instagram-feed]
Illinois Wesleyan needs to add more parking lots on campus
Ván Lé, Staff Writer • January 29, 2024

Since my first semester at Illinois Wesleyan, parking has always been difficult for me and other students...

Students are struggling to afford living in dorms on campus
Alexandria Green, Staff Writer • January 29, 2024

One of the things that I looked at when applying to Illinois Wesleyan were dorms, and the scholarships...

Proximity to whiteness is alive and real
Michael Ashton, Staff Writer • January 22, 2024

It's not a hidden fact that Wesleyan’s campus is mostly white. Compared to my high school and even...

News Briefs 10/2-10/10

Photo: Katie Fata

SOTA begins run of “Wilderness”

Fri. Oct. 2 at 7:30p.m., Sat. Oct. 3 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Sun. Oct. 4 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.

IWU’s School of Theatre Arts (SOTA) will premiere it’s documentary theatre piece about teenagers in wilderness therapy. The performances will be streamed virtually. Buy tickets for the streaming presentation here. 

Kappa Delta hosts Trivia Night

Fri. Oct. 2 at 6 p.m.

IWU’s chapter of Kappa Delta will host a virtual Trivia Night to raise money for Prevent Child Abuse America and The Baby Fold. Cost of attendance is $5 per person or $20 per a team of 5. Students can find links to register on the sorority’s social media. 

CAB presents “Free Money” Game Show

Fri. Oct. 2 at 6 p.m.

Campus Activities Board (CAB) will hold a game show night for students with the theme “Free Money.” The link to register for the event will be sent to students over email. 

IWU Homecoming begins

Oct 5-11, event times announced individually

IWU’s annual Homecoming Week will launch on Monday, Oct. 5 and bring with it a full week of virtual events. This year’s theme will be “Your Story Starts Here.” Students can check the campus calendar for more information on individual events throughout the week. 

Writing Center holds GRE workshop

Tue. Oct. 6 from 6 to 7 p.m.

The IWU Writing Center will hold a Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) workshop aimed to help writers with the analytical portion of the test. Students can register for the event by visiting the Writing Center’s website

Flu Shot clinic takes place

Wed. Oct 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Flu shots will be administered by a Walgreens pharmacist in the Henning Room of the Memorial Center. 

All students, faculty and staff are encouraged by IWU to participate.

CAB presents annual Pizza Taste

Wed. Oct. 7 from 6 to 7 p.m.

CAB will host their annual Pizza Taste event on the quad. The event will give students the opportunity to get free pizza from local restaurants. No registration is required. 

Actor Josh Peck hosts Q&A session

Sat. Oct. 10 at 7 p.m.

Actor and social media personality Josh Peck will be coming to campus via Zoom to host a Q&A session facilitated by students. The Campus Activities Board will also be raffling off meet and greet passes for Josh Peck at upcoming CAB events. Students interested should register through the link sent in an email by CAB.