The Student News Site of Illinois Wesleyan University

The Argus

The Argus

The Argus

The Argus

[instagram-feed]
Illinois Wesleyan needs to add more parking lots on campus
Ván Lé, Staff Writer • January 29, 2024

Since my first semester at Illinois Wesleyan, parking has always been difficult for me and other students...

Students are struggling to afford living in dorms on campus
Alexandria Green, Staff Writer • January 29, 2024

One of the things that I looked at when applying to Illinois Wesleyan were dorms, and the scholarships...

Proximity to whiteness is alive and real
Michael Ashton, Staff Writer • January 22, 2024

It's not a hidden fact that Wesleyan’s campus is mostly white. Compared to my high school and even...

News Briefs 9/11

Photo: Katie Fata

Study Abroad Week Begins

Sep. 14-18

The International Office will host a virtual version of the Study Abroad Fair throughout the week. The fair will feature live and pre-recorded sessions, as well as advising sessions and interviews with Titans who have spent time abroad. 

Hart Career Center hosts talk

Tuesday, Sept. 15 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.

The Hart Career Center will host “The Importance of a Resilient Spirit,” a talk by alum Mike Mason. The event will take place virtually. 

Academic Skills Series continues

Wednesday, Sept. 16 from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.

The Action Research Center will host their weekly Academic Skills Series on Wednesday, with this week’s theme being “Study Smart.” The session will focus on note-taking strategies and test-taking tips. Students are encouraged to register on the Center’s website for the Zoom meeting. 

Peace Corps Prep takes place

Thursday, Sept. 17 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.

The Action Research Center will cover the basics of Peace Corps service and answer any questions students may have during their Zoom webinar. The webinar will also feature two returned volunteers and will focus on their experiences within the program. Students with questions are encouraged to reach out to the Action Research Center. 

CAB presents George Floyd discussion

Thursday, Sept. 17 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. 

CAB will host a moderated conversation with George Floyd’s aunt and uncle, Angela Harrelson and Selwyn Jones. The conversation will be moderated by Nyle Fort, educator and The Movement for Black Lives organizer. The conversation will be held over Zoom and the link will be sent out to students via email. 

Social Justice Spoken Word to be performed

Friday, Sept. 18 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.

CAB, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Office of Student Involvement will come together to host a Social Justice Spoken Word Night with poet Jon Goode. The event will take place in hybrid form, with both in-person and virtual attendance options. Masks and social distancing will be enforced in Hansen Student Center and students who would like to participate are encouraged to reach out to CAB.