The Student News Site of Illinois Wesleyan University

The Argus

The Argus

The Argus

The Argus

[instagram-feed]
A harvest festival weekend is a great way to celebrate the season
Alexandria Green, Staff Writer • October 29, 2023

Halloween is fast approaching on its broom, but what does this mean to students? Some might party until...

Horror movies are the best they've been in a long time
Jules Weick, Staff Writer • October 29, 2023

When many think of horror, they go straight to the goliaths of the genre such as “Halloween”, “Friday...

Universities charge sky-high prices past anything justified
Alexandria Green, Staff Writer • October 23, 2023

One of the main reasons students struggle in university is because they have loans that require them...

No shortage of activities for 2015’s Family Weekend

Jeff Neukom, Managing Editor

Friday, Sept. 18 marks the beginning of Family Weekend on the Illinois Wesleyan University campus.

The cost is $20 per visiting guest, and it includes: admission to A Capella group Kazual on Friday night, lunch on Saturday afternoon, admission to the football game and admission to see magician Nash Fung on Saturday night.

Performing Friday, night at 8:00 p.m., Kazual is an exciting, enthusiastic A Capella group, and they’ve opened for artists like Nelly and Beyoncé. The group members have compared their style to Boyz II Men, an R&B group known vocal group known for its emotional ballads and a capella harmonies. Kazual writes, dances and sings while also making an effort to interact and get to know their audience. With songs like “Crazy ‘N’ Luv,” Kazual has crafted an identity all their own, fusing pop and R&B influences.

On Saturday, Sept. 19 at 8:00 p.m., magician Nash Fung will take the Hansen stage. He is known for his original magic, use of psychology, sharp humor and inspirational messages! Hailing from Seattle, Wisc., Fung brings a compelling and confident brand of magic. He often leaves an audience in absolute disbelief, especially with his trick in escaping a tightening knot drawn around his neck. Fung certainly doesn’t look old enough to have 18 years of experience, and it is his young, boyish charm that will endear him to college students and families alike.

Friday night’s activities will include late night board games, billiards and shuffleboard. Saturday will be the busiest of the three days, but Friday’s events are sure to keep you and your family busy. After the check in from 5:00-8:00 p.m., the fun begins.

On Saturday, families are invited to attend the picnic on the Quad, where there will be games for people of all ages, in addition to face painting and pictures with Tommy Titan. After this, the Titan football team takes on Simpson College, and they’ll try to avenge a 13-3 loss from last season. After the volleyball game and various receptions, Nash Fung will command your attention on the Hansen stage.

The weekend is a great time for families to spend memorable time together, and it’s also a great weekend to remind yourselves what it is to be a Titan.